Thursday, January 8, 2009

ELVIS PRESLEY 1935-1977




Elvis at his peak.
















Elvis as a small child with his mother and Dad.


Today is the anniversary of Elvis Presley's birthday. He would be 74 years old if he were still living! Doesn't that sound impossible? I can not even begin to think of Elvis as a 74 year old man!

Elvis did a concert, at least one and maybe more, here in Fort Wayne back in the late fifties. For some reason I failed to attend that concert. Had I known how famous he would become, and in fact already was, I would have done whatever it took to be at that concert. I guess I thought I would have another chance sometime. In fact, I could have gone to one in Las Vegas later on but never got around to it.

I am one who likes to say, "I've been there and done that," But I am sorry to say that I can not say that about Elvis.

We did visit Graceland after his death and saw his grave site but the living King was not there!

I often see his wife, Priscilla Presley or his daughter, Lisa Marie on TV and I wish every time I see anything to do with Elvis that I had taken the advantage to see him while he was still alive.

2 Comments:

At January 9, 2009 at 8:50 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

NK and I did get to see Elvis in 1976 in Ft. Worth. We were way up in the nosebleed seats, but at least we can say that we saw him in person.

 
At January 20, 2009 at 12:40 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was awesome! Bless his heart, he was way overweight and didn't know where he was, but he still put on one heck of a show! nh

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home