Friday, January 9, 2009

Washcloth Between Toes!




Once many years ago we had a good laugh at my sister, Sara. She had told us this story about herself.

She had been going through a nervous spell and was very edgy and uncomfortable. She said she felt like her toes needed separated. So she got a wet washcloth and folded it into a narrow strip and wound it around between her toes. She said it was very comforting for her. So when she got a nervous attack like that again she would do the washcloth thing. We thought that was hilarious.
Something like the devices in the pictures above might have helped her if she had tried them. However, I guess the washcloth worked fine and was probably a lot cheaper!

I figure it was something similar to writer's cramp when you can't stand to have the pencil touch your fingers or your hand touch the table to write, although I didn't know there was a toes cramp.
What would make your toes feel like that? We will never know!

Anyway, Whatever makes you feel good, do it! That is what she did!

2 Comments:

At January 10, 2009 at 7:31 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

She had some funny quirks! We were just talking about her, and then I came in here and read your blog. She's been gone going on 25 years. Doesn't seem possible, does it?

 
At January 20, 2009 at 12:38 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually she made me weave the washcloth between her toes! I remember a specific day Joel D and I had been fussing and as my punishment I had to run the cold wet washcloth between her toes. I'm not quite sure why I had to and Joel D. didn't...funny how it always seemed to turn out like that. nh

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home