Sunday, February 22, 2009

Drying Clothes on a Clothesline Outside




















I long for a smell of freshly washed clothing that has been dried outside on a sunny day. I know that you can get dryer sheets that are supposed to make your clothes smell good but none of them has even come close to matching the smell of sheets and pillowcases dried outside on a sunny day.



Even though I had an old washer like the one in the picture above my clothes smelled so much better then than they do now. It was the sun and wind that did it! On wash day I could hardly wait until time to get into that fresh made bed with the clean delicious smelling sheets and pillowcases. I slept like a baby!



I don't even have a clothesline in my back yard now. I have thought of putting one up and drying just my sheets and bedding on it for that good old time smell. But progress has made washing and drying things inside so convenient and easy that I have let it take over!



If anyone ever comes out with a dryer sheet that smells even remotely like that old time sunny outdoorsy smell I will certainly stock up on them!

3 Comments:

At February 23, 2009 at 7:48 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

My sweet brother-in-law and nephew put up a clothesline for me several years ago for my birthday. I love it! Everything except our perma-pressed clothes get hung out as soon as the days are long enough and warm enough.

 
At February 23, 2009 at 11:33 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loved the smell of clothes hung on the line...but I always remember Mitzi pooping right underneath the clothes lines! Do you think she found the fresh clean smell relaxing...thus making her "business" easier to take care of?! nh

 
At February 23, 2009 at 2:41 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I never knew about that! I think I would have moved my clothesline or got rid of a dog!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home