Thursday, February 26, 2009

Monsters Under the Bed!



















I am not a kid anymore but some of my kid ideas still remain!


When I am in bed I still have second thoughts about letting my feet or hands hang over the side of the bed. I am mature enough to know that there is not a monster under my bed. But I think some little fragment of my childhood thoughts are still lurking somewhere back there in my mind.


I just can not let my feet or hands hang off the edge of the bed for some reason. I can not get to sleep until my feet and hands are safely away from the edges of the bed and are tucked under my covers. I am sure it is because I am remembering the thoughts from my childhood that there might be a monster under the bed just waiting to grab my feet or hands.


Does that make sense to you? That is the only explanation I have for that feeling. Because I am not crazy and I actually know that there are no monsters, at least under my bed.


There may be dust bunnies, which are monsters in a way, and there might be some bugs of some kind but I am sure that the monsters are just a figment of my imagination. Please tell me if you ever think of monsters under your bed!

3 Comments:

At February 26, 2009 at 4:57 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't think about monsters under my bed, but I have to be covered up too and I have to have my ears cover, whether by the sheets or my hair. I know where the fear of my ears being uncovered comes from though. Do you remember the time Ford got the bug stuck in his? I'm afraid if my ears are not covered a bug will crawl in them! nh

 
At February 26, 2009 at 10:20 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, I remember Ford getting the bug in his ear. That was a big deal. We were just ready to go to the emergency room when the bug crawled out. I am shocked that you remember that! I don't worry about bugs in my ears but I probably would if I ever got one in them.

 
At February 27, 2009 at 7:50 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm afraid of a mouse getting in the bed with me. One year, we had a problem with mice getting into the house. I went to Mama's to spend the night, because I was so afraid of a mouse getting in the bed. Gene said that little mouse curled up on my pillow and said, "I hope she never comes back."

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home