Wednesday, February 25, 2009

The Teddy Bear Story

This teddy bear is about fifty years old. The teddy bear came with a large doll as its pet. The large doll was bought for my older daughter but somewhere along the line she gave the teddy bear to my younger daughter. That poor teddy has been slept with, slept on and just generally really has had a rough life, but very much loved by my daughter.



The teddy bear is about 12 or 14 inches tall. His ears are now kind of limp and do not stand up as they used to. But otherwise it is pretty much the same as it was fifty years ago.

For many years Teddy went everywhere with us and was slept with every night. It has been tossed into the washing machine and then into the dryer and even sometimes just hung out on the clothesline. It has had new eyes sewn on and many little ripped places stitched up. It just seemed to survive all that tough wear and repairs and came out looking fairly good for its age. It now has a plastic bag and is stored in my cedar chest (what a terrible way to end up!) A lot of the fuzzy finish it had in the beginning is now gone and just the smooth base material remains. But just recently my younger daughter saw it and had a nostalgic feeling for it. I would give it to her but she chose that I keep it until I die. Then she will probably get it for her grandchildren.


Whatever, I will see that poor Teddy has a good place to stay as long as I am here on this Earth.

1 Comments:

At February 26, 2009 at 7:48 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Her Teddy is like our Sara's Spot. She got Spot her first Christmas, and he has been a constant companion since. Spot is a little the worse for wear now, too, but he's still a sweet little puppy, and to us, he's priceless.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home