Saturday, March 7, 2009

All I Ever had was a Tricycle





The bicycle in this picture was not mine. I think it was my sister's.


I did have a tricycle when I was a little kid but in all my life until I was in my fifties I never owned a bicycle.


I got by fine without one but there were times when I would have loved having a bike.



When we moved to this house in 1976, we noticed that almost everyone in the addition had a bike and they rode them late in the afternoon. So we splurged and bought bikes for ourselves. Not fancy ones but just plain old bikes, at Sears.


We rode the bikes some but not as much as I had thought we would. They hung on hooks in the garage most of the time.


After several years of the bikes hanging on the hooks and being in the way when we walked around in the garage, we decided to sell them. We put them in a garage sale and promptly they sold. We didn't make any money on them, in fact we lost a little but at least they were out of our way.


So I can't say that I never had a bike but I can say that I never missed it after it was sold.


Now, I can say I never had a motorcycle in my life and I can also say, I will never have a motorcycle in my life! Having a bike was dangerous enough for me!

1 Comments:

At March 8, 2009 at 1:28 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I bought myself a bike several years ago -- just a plain one. We have a nice bike trail, and SH and I enjoyed riding on it, but it just seems like we never have the time to go riding anymore.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home