Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Dutch Boy and Girl



This is a set of antique Dutch figurines. I think at one time the boy and girl had buckets hanging off their shoulders which must have been lost somewhere along the way because they have never been with the boy and girl as long as I can remember. Otherwise they are in perfect condition with no chips or cracks.



I am very lucky that I ended up with them in my possession. They had belonged to my Mother in the beginning but she gave away most of her little treasures before she died.


Since there were three of us girls in our family we had to decide how we would know who should get what. So we decided to have our Mother draw names. We all wrote our names on pieces of paper and let our Mother draw one name out of the pile. Whoever's name was on the paper would get the dolls. I happened to be the lucky one!


The dolls have a special spot in my curio cabinet right on the top shelf and in the front center of it. I admire them often and remember my mother at the same time--and my unhappy sisters!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home