Friday, February 27, 2009

Birthday Celebs



I always look at the little section in our newspaper that tells the birthdays of celebrities. Quite some time ago, years in fact, I remember that I usually knew all of them. For some reason, now I hardly know any of them. Do you think it is because I am getting old and senile or that maybe I just don't keep up with who the celebs are? I don't know which it is but I do know that I never heard of any of the ones in the articles above except Bob Shieffer, Paula Zahn and Sean Astin.


I feel the same about a lot of the movies. I seldom go to a movie nor do I watch many on TV. So I am really out of touch with the movie circuit.



Do you know who Tea Leoni and Abe Vigoda are? I sure don't! Maybe I had better go turn on a movie and get in step with the rest of the world!

1 Comments:

At February 28, 2009 at 8:24 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know the name Tea Leoni, but I couldn't tell you anything about her. Abe Vigoda played Fish on the old Barney Miller TV series. Fish was a cantankerous old man with a wry sense of humor. I loved the character. You've probably seen Abe Vigoda -- he has a very distinctive face. As for most of the new stars -- I think we of the middle age to older generation have trouble identifying them because they don't have the distinctive character the old actors did. When you say "Clark Gable," you can picture him because he was so different from all the other actors. When you say, "Bette Davis," you have no trouble picturing her, because she was unique. The same with Bing Crosby, Dean Martin, Fred Astaire, Doris Day, Lucille Ball, Bob Hope. . .the list could go on and on. Today's stars are all the same -- they try to act alike, dress alike, talk alike, and sing alike. Heck, they even like to get incarcerated in the same jails and go before the same judges! Britney Spears, Jessica Simpson, Paris Hilton, Christina Aguilera, Lindsay Lohan -- what's the difference?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home