Sunday, March 29, 2009

Earaches




My Mother used to blow her warm breath into my ear to ease my earaches.











When I was little kid I used to get earaches quite often. I always got them at night. This has been explained by the fact that when you are up during the day the tubes in your ears can drain very well but at night when you lie down the tubes can't drain as well, causing the earaches.

My Mother would come lie with me in my bed and blow her warm breath into my ear. The warmth of her breath relieved the earache.

I also read that long ago they used to think blowing smoke into the ear would relieve the earache. Actually, the smoke had nothing to do with relieving the pain--it was just the warmth from the smoker's breath and the cigarette that did the job.

Now a hair dryer would do the job nicely. We didn't have hair dryers when I was a little kid.

I never have an earache anymore and haven't had for many years. Nor did my children ever have earaches. I don't know the reason for that. But I am glad to say none of my family ever has them any more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home