Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Update on my Garden























Two views of my garden



Above are two views of my garden. It is doing great. I got one small ripe tomato off a plant a few days ago. It was really ahead of time because there have not been any more at all. I am so eager for them to start ripening. I live the whole year waiting for juicy red, ripe tomatoes from my garden. I have never bought a tomato with the taste that equals the taste of my home grown ones! I might add that I also have a few small squashes that will be ready to pick in a few days. I love them almost as much as I do the tomatoes.





I am going to plant my garden at the first of May from now on. I usually plant at the end of May because we often have frosts during the month of May. One year I lost all of my plants from frost and had to replant them. This year we did have some frost but because I had the plastic bags around my plants they were protected enough that the frost did not get them. So I will do that from now on. I am going to have ripe tomatoes much sooner by planting at the first of May. I took the bags off after the plants were up so high and the danger of frost was gone.




I wish I could share them with all of you but, as you know, that would be impossible. So you will all --except Mary Ruth--have to eat your puny little store bought, tasteless tomatoes! Sorry!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home