Saturday, August 1, 2009

I Need a Few More Hours!





















You would think that 24 hours a day for an old woman who doesn't work, doesn't do much of anything would be plenty of time. But every day I get up thinking of what all I want to do and 24 hours seems so little!


Usually, the first thing I do when I get up is turn on my computer and check for e mails. Then I may slip in a couple of games of Scrabble before I wander into the kitchen and check out the fridge for something to eat.


Then I have a big decision to make: do I want to watch TV or do I want to get on the computer and work on my blog; or do I want to stick a CD of music in my CD player and listen to music; or do I want to read the newspaper; or do I want to read a book? Or do I want to crochet? Also, I try to listen to a chapter or two of the bible on my DVD player each day or at least every couple of days. So you can see my dilemma. There are so many things to do and nothing to guide me as to what is best! I am at complete freedom!


TV has really wrecked my reading of books. I used to keep a book going all the time. Now I hardly ever read a book. I am lucky to get the newspaper read every day. I am not complaining about it but I really could use a few more hours in my day. I might could do a little less sleeping and have more time. But sleeping is one of my favorite pastimes!


I am thoroughly enjoying all that I do and am thankful that I have so much to keep me occupied. I don't know how I ever got all the things done that I did years ago. Actually, I do know. We didn't have TV back then so that left a lot of time for all of the other things.


Luckily. I can multitask with a couple of things. I can crochet and watch TV at the same time and I can listen to music and crochet simultaneously. But there is no way I can be on the computer and do something else at the same time! When I listen to the bible I like to have my mind completely blank so I can absorb all the things that are being said. I also like to read the words along as I listen. I feel as if I am getting a double dose of God's words. God knows I need it!


I know my time is closing in on me and I don't have that many more years to do all of my "stuff." So I just plug along and do what I enjoy and don't worry about what I don't get done. After all, I have had 82 and a half years to do my thing. So, you young people enjoy what you do and do what you enjoy! Your time is coming along just like mine has.

2 Comments:

At August 2, 2009 at 9:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been trying to adopt the philosophy of enjoying what I'm doing at the moment and not worrying about what's not getting done. I no longer worry if my house isn't clean. I'll clean it when I feel like it!

 
At August 2, 2009 at 12:04 PM , Anonymous kyra lafain said...

Yea! I feel the same way about house cleaning. My house never goes away even if I don't clean it, so why bother?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home