Thursday, August 27, 2009

My Cousin Gene Burke
















Gene and me--1930 Me and Gene--1946



The pictures above are of my cousin, Gene Burke and me--one in about 1930 and the other in 1946.


We were very close in age, he is about six months or so older than I. He was my Aunt Lottie's boy. Aunt Lottie and her family came to see us every couple of years from Arkansas and Amarillo. They later moved to Tulsa, Oklahoma but that was after most of the kids were married.


Aunt Lottie had six kids so it was a big deal for us when she came. They stayed mostly at our house but sometimes at her in law's house.


Sadly, Gene passed away several years ago. The last time I was with him was when we camped at Tenkiller State Park in Oklahoma. My sister Sara and her family were camping for a few days along with us at Tenkiller State Park and since that was not too far from Tulsa Gene and his wife came there for a day to visit with us. Not too long after that he died. I have forgotten the cause of his death but I think it was unexpected. Anyway, aren't we a cute couple? Back in 1930 and in 1946.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home