Saturday, August 22, 2009

Yellow Cauliflower?




White cauliflower













Yellow, green and purple cauliflower.

There is just something about yellow, green and purple cauliflower that doesn't seem right. It would be like having blue tomatoes, red peas or green potatoes!

I recently shopped and I wanted to buy a cauliflower--a white one. There were the white ones at 2/$5.00 and the yellow ones at 2/$4.00. I didn't really want a yellow one but since I have never had one and the idea of the extra savings, I decided to try a yellow one.

I made a salad with it and I can't say it wasn't good but I also can't say I was thrilled with it. For some reason, the yellow just spoiled it for me. I will finish eating the head but I will never buy another one--even to save a few cents. And I am certain I will never buy a purple or green one. Cauliflower just should be white!


Yellow cauliflower just became available about in 2004 and the green ones have been available since the mid eighties mostly in California. I read on Google that the green cauliflower is just a white one bred with the chlorophyll from Broccoli. What ever, I think they should stop tinkering with nature and let cauliflower be what it is--white!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home