Saturday, September 12, 2009

Tooth picks: Flat or Round?
























Which do you prefer, flat or round? I like the round ones best. They are sturdier and you can use both ends. The flat ones only give you one end to use.


The most memorable toothpicks to me are the ones that they stuck in each half of my pimento cheese sandwich at the Palace Drug Store in Paris, Texas, when I was in high school! They each had an olive stuck on the end. They were treasures at that time. Now, I still like olives but they never match up to the taste of those from the Drug Store!


Once we ate out with some friends at a new Smorgasbord we had learned about. We all really pigged out. As we were leaving and were near the checkout counter, I grabbed a few toothpicks in my hand and I passed them out to the others in our group. One of the ladies asked, "Are they flavored?" I said, " I don't really know but why does it matter?" She replied, " I am so stuffed that I couldn't stand the taste of cinnamon on a toothpick." We all got a laugh out of that.


Tooth picks are something that I buy only maybe once a year. But I do stick with the round ones. They may cost a little more but you get double the use since they are pointed on both ends.
I have many other uses for tooth picks, I used to make craft items and tooth picks were a must for craft projects! I don't do crafts anymore but I do find other uses for toothpicks in my daily doings.


1 Comments:

At September 12, 2009 at 1:31 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Christopher made a bridge out of toothpicks for one of his classes. Though it's probably less than a foot long and only about 3 or 4" wide, it's so well-constructed that he can stand on it and it will bear his weight.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home