Sunday, September 13, 2009

I Upstaged the Preacher!

Pastor Earl Fritz

Not that I wanted to but I really did!

We went to church one Sunday and I felt fine--not a hint of anything wrong with me.

We went through part of the service and suddenly, when we were supposed to kneel on the kneeling cushions, I remember having a feeling of extreme weakness. I thought nothing of it and kneeled. That is the last I remember. I just slid over against Ford's side and was out cold.

Luckily a man was sitting near us that was a medical person so he took over for Ford. I was only out for a couple of minutes and then came to. I felt foolish but OK. The sermon was completely stopped while I was waiting on the ambulance. I was lying on the floor with a sea of faces looking down at me. I think Ford was almost overcome also from fright, He had no idea I had any problem at all and really didn't know how I was. It could have been a heart attack or stroke or whatever.

The preacher really lost all attention while they were working on me. Everyone was interested in my plight!

They took me to the hospital in an ambulance and I was checked out thoroughly and the only thing they found was that my blood pressure was low. My doctor prescribed a medication to raise my blood pressure and I also had a brain scan. Everything came out normal. The doctor concluded that my low blood pressure had caused me to faint. I never did it again after that. (However, I now have high blood pressure--isn't that strange?)

A couple of little boys were talking in the hall afterwards and were telling another kid that he really missed out on the excitement, since he had not been at the service, that a woman had passed out during the service and really pepped up the service!

I was utterly embarrassed about the whole thing but very grateful that I had no serious problem. I spent the whole afternoon just lying around and hoping that I would not do a repeat!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home