Monday, March 15, 2010

Another past treasurer gone!



Lawrence Welk




















Just this week I found out that one of my constants has been demolished. I have watched the Lawrence Welk show for many years. About 50 to be exact. Now I think it is over.


I always tape the show on Saturday night and if for some reason I miss taping it then I can always tape it on Friday at noon. They repeat the Saturday night show on Friday at noon. I never miss it. I usually watch it sometime during the week because it is at the same time that Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy are on. So I watch them and then watch the taped Lawrence Welk show some other time during the week. I have been religious about making sure I see it every week.
The shows that were being shown for some time now have been put together from clips of old shows and usually have a theme such as Holiday songs, songs about love, transportation or other things. But they were always fun to watch. Many of the stars on there have been dead for some time while many of the younger ones are still performing.


I feel as if I know all of the people on his show because I see them so often. Many of them are also gone now but thanks to VCRs I could still see them every week--now that is GONE!


Now the show is not on. They never even apologized to me or made any mention that the show was not going to be on any more. I feel slighted! Just as no one ever asked me if they could tear down my old high school, my old church, my old home place or Allen County Motors. They just did it!


I suppose I will survive but it won't be easy. I do have some of the tapes that still have shows on them so I will dig them out once in a while and watch them for old time's sake. I may check out the video stores to see if they have any of his shows on DVDs or tapes.


Also, I will have to figure out what to do with the time I used to spend with Lawrence Welk during the week. Lawrence has been gone for some time now but I hardly know it because I watch his shows so much! He has made my life so pleasant with his music as I am sure many others would say.
Goodbye, Lawrence Welk!

1 Comments:

At March 16, 2010 at 5:07 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here's a couple of Lawrence Welk dvd's:

http://productsearch.barnesandnoble.com/search/results.aspx?store=DVD&WRD=lawrence+welk

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home