Saturday, October 30, 2010

Foot Stool




Actually, this little stool has never really been used for a foot stool. It has, however, had a special place in our home for all of our married life.
Ford made this stool when he was in high school in a woodworking class. It is made from oak wood and is very sturdy.
We have had it sitting in a corner, or somewhere in plain sight for all of our years of marriage. It sometimes had an ornament of some type sitting on it. I have become so accustom to it that I would be lost without it being somewhere near me. I almost feel a closeness with Ford by having it somewhere within my sight.
It is much of the time covered with dust but I still love it. The dust can be removed. It has never been refinished or touched up with any paint and has the original varnish on it.
It is one of the few items with which I can look at and remember with love my dear husband, Ford. His hand shaped and made this little stool and I will always cherish it. My kids have already argued about who will get it in the end. I will let them fight it out when the time comes! But for now it is MINE.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home