Tuesday, November 2, 2010

SPIT CURLS

Some examples of spit curls



















Above are some examples of spit curls. Later they were called pin curls. I think they got the name, spit curls, because the women used spit to wet the curls and then put them in place.

I never put spit on my hair, yuk! I always used water to wet my curls. Actually, I never even put that kind of a curl in my hair. I used hair rollers. I think spit curls were out of style by the time I was doing my hair. But I do remember seeing older girls make spit curls on their hair. Mostly they were along the temples and forehead.

You must remember, I am OLD--83 to be exact. So I can remember a lot of things that some of you younger people have never even heard of, and spit curls may be one of them.
I am glad that spit curls went out of style. Water works much better.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home