Sunday, December 12, 2010

The Negotiator


My Grandma Gregory

Above is a picture of my grandmother. I apologize for the quality of the photo but it is the best I have of her.

She may, in fact, have on the shoes in this picture that she negotiated for once many years ago. Back in her day I suppose it was possible to Jew down the price for anything you bought. She was very good at doing just that! However, in later years most people just paid the marked price without question--not her!

I was with her and my Mom once as they shopped for a pair of shoes for her.

I remember being very embarrassed as she did her best to get the shoes at a much lower price than they had on them. It has been so long ago that I really can't remember if she got her price or if she had to compromise. But it is sure that she tried her best. At that time a clerk had to go to a higher-up to do any price cutting, just as they do today--that didn't bother grandma. I just remember how embarrassed I felt about her Jewing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home