Saturday, November 20, 2010

My squeamish Family


I have spent a lifetime with squeamish kids. They can't even read about something to do with shots, doctor visits, cuts, bruises or blood without having to go lie down for a few minutes until the faintness feeling passes!



Their Dad was the same way when he was younger but he overcame it mostly after he grew up. My kids are 54 and 59 and they are still that way to a big extent.



Once my older daughter was watching TV when she was just a little kid and they were talking about snake bites and she quickly became nauseated and had to lie down for a while to get over it.



My younger daughter was with me at the hospital when I had my knee replacement. After the surgery I was in the recovery room and I noticed that she was not there. I wondered where she was . After some time she came into the room. I asked where she had been. She replied, "Lying on the floor in the rest room!" She had almost fainted and had to lie down. And she had not even seen any blood or anything that was remotely associated with it but she had almost passed out. Her mind takes over in those situations and she has to go along with her mind!



She was taking her son, Brett, home from having a tooth pulled and while driving she just glanced over at him and saw a tiny spot of blood on his lip. She quickly had to pull off to the side of the road and sit for a while to become normal again.



Once Lana had a broken arm and I had taken her to get the cast off. I had to take Carla with me because I had no one to leave her with. As the doctor was cutting off the cast Carla turned ghostly white and we had to lay her out on the table until she got back to herself.



What do you do with kids like that? I hassled with that kind of a problem for years.



They did not inherit that trait from me. I can watch anything and it doesn't affect me in any way. I hate to see anyone suffer but I can handle it without becoming faint.


I really have no one to accompany me when I have a medical problem. They can drive me there but can not be near me to comfort me in my pain or discomfort! Woe is me!



1 Comments:

At November 20, 2010 at 3:13 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

We'll really pray that they never become diabetic and have to draw a little blood every day!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home