Sunday, January 30, 2011

The Big Secret


I am sorry this picture is a little fuzzy. But you can see the ring somewhat. Back when my kids were just little ones they were figuring out what to get me for Christmas. They were talking it over with their Dad.
We had been on a shopping trip shortly before that and I had seen a ring that I liked--the ring above. So they decided that they would get me that ring. It was all supposed to be a big secret, even though they knew I had seen the ring and that I liked it.
So one afternoon before Christmas we went on a trip to downtown Fort Wayne. That was when we still had stores to shop in downtown. I sat in the car, because I wasn't supposed to know any of this, and Ford and the two girls went to the store to get the ring. The kids were so excited about all of this secrecy.
So on Christmas I opened the present and I acted so surprised about the ring. They had more fun than I did about the whole thing. They thought they had really surprised me with that ring.
My kids are not dumb and I am sure they really knew it was all fake but they had fun anyway. I don't wear the ring anymore but I do like to get it out once in a while and look at it and reminisce.

1 Comments:

At January 30, 2011 at 2:12 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a nice story. Thanks for sharing your reminiscences.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home