Sunday, January 23, 2011

Embroidery thread




I have done many a stitch in embroidery in my life time. However, I do very little of it now.

I still have in my memory the look of the beautiful array of embroidery thread displayed when I went to the store to buy some. There were dozens and dozens of different colors and shades to choose from. Back then it was not displayed on hanging hooks as it is now. Then clerk had to get the boxes down from the shelf and open them for you. She was right there all the time so you felt as if you had to rush through your choosing. It was almost as if she were watching you to keep you from taking them without paying! Now with the way things are displayed you can take all the time you want to pick the colors and shades you need.

I have made dresser scarves, doilies, pillow slips, and many other things and enjoyed every minute of it. Now I have nothing embroidered on my linen shelves so all of those beautiful colors are missing!

However, I do still have my plastic storage boxes packed full of all the beautiful colors and shades of embroidery thread left over from my wonderful time when I did do all of the work. Maybe someday embroidery will come back and I will be supplied with all of my beautiful leftover thread from the past!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home