Sunday, April 13, 2008

The Child Beater!

Our Aunt Lizzie and her two girls, our cousins,occasionally used to spend the night with us. They had arrived this one day and planned to stay overnight.

One of the cousins had to be awakened at night to use the bathroom. Aunt Lizzie had come to the bed in the darkness and gotten her girl up and was having her use the pottie. She had not turned on a light because she didn't want to arouse anyone else. After some time we could hear Aunt Lizzie urging our cousin to use the pot! Some more time passed and she still was demanding the child to hurry up and use the pot! After a little bit longer she was spanking her and really being adamant in getting her to go. We didn't hear a thing out of our cousin, only Aunt Lizzie getting more and more insistent on her using the pot.


Soon, we heard Aunt Lizzie saying, " Mary Ruth! Why didn't you tell me it was you?" She had suddenly discovered, through feeling the clothing, that she had gotten my sister up instead of her own girl. The girls were both about the same size. Through it all, my sister had not said one word even though Aunt Lizzie had spanked her and was getting pretty rough with her.


We asked my sister later why she didn't say anything and she said she didn't know why. Aunt Lizzie was so sorry she had treated her the way she did before she realized it was not her girl.


My mother said, as she was lying in bed hearing all of the goings on, she was thinking, "Boy, if that was my kid she would use the pot!" When all the time it was her kid! All of this story took place in the dark. We still have a good laugh about it every once in a while.

2 Comments:

At April 13, 2008 at 2:13 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

How well I do remember that story! I was involved in that episode! I am afraid Aunt Lizzie would get more of a come back from me now!

 
At April 13, 2008 at 2:50 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always enjoyed when Aunt Lizzie or Aunt Lottie came to visit. When I was about 4 or 5, Aunt Lottie was coming for a visit. I anticipated her arrival for days. And I was going to get to sleep with her! Aunt Lottie finally arrived, and as the adults sat around talking after supper, for some reason she took out her false teeth. That did it! I wasn't crawling into a bed with her! And I didn't!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home