Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Japanese Tea

We once went with friends to Takaoka Of Japan, a Japanese restaurant in our city. The food is all prepared right at your table by an expert Japanese chef. You sit in a semi circle around the chef as he does his cooking, frying and all the fancy slicing and cutting that Japanese chefs are known for.





At each place setting there were the tools and dishes needed for the food and a small cup of yellow liquid that looked like melted butter. While we waited for the food we had some small snacks or hors d'oeuvres at our places to eat.





When we got our food, some of us had lobster and some had other Japanese delicacies, we started eating. I began dipping my chunks of lobster in to (what I thought was) the melted butter. Later, someone told us that the yellow liquid was tea! However, I had already used most of my tea for dipping my lobster. None of my group knew that it was tea so none of them knew that I was making a faux pas. I am sure the chef was amused at my strange method of eating lobster.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home