Wednesday, May 7, 2008

My Grandma and Pecans

When I was just a very little girl, probably about 3 or 4 (I can barely remember this story) my grandma used to come visit us. She would do all sorts of things to entertain me. She would draw birds for me. She wasn't an artist but she did draw a pretty good bird.



Another thing we did was make little gift packages of pecans. I think we had a pecan tree or we had access to pecans from somewhere. We would crack the pecans and pick out the meats from them and then wrap the pecans in little packages for gifts. There would be about a tablespoon of pecans in each one. We didn't always have actual gift wrapping paper but we would just use squares of newspaper for wrapping. We also didn't have ribbon all of the time. Then we just used twine string to tie the packages. I would give them to my Dad or anyone else who happened to be lucky enough to be around.



My Grandmother has been gone for many years but I will always cherish the memory of our little gift wrapping sessions!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home