Friday, May 9, 2008

Want some peanuts?

On a flight I took one time from Fort Wayne to Dallas I was seated next to a little Ole lady. She seemed very nice and we talked a little for a while. I noticed that she had a small can of Planter's peanuts in her hand. I assumed they were for a snack later.



After we were into the flight for some time and the stewardesses were heading our way with drinks, She took her peanut can and opened it up. Shortly afterward she took a big dip from a snuff can in her purse. The she began using the peanut can to spit her snuff in. My assumption that she was going to snack on the peanuts proved to be wrong! She was using the peanut can for a spittoon! I would have liked to move to another seat but unfortunately, there were no unoccupied seats. So I was stuck there. I tried to turn toward the window away from her view but I could still smell the snuff. Yuck!




For a long time after that I thought of that little ole lady every time I saw Planter's peanuts!

2 Comments:

At May 9, 2008 at 3:25 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is on my list of things I cannot tolerate! Spit cans! They make me sick! I probably would have tried to spend a lot of time in the toilet. Better than looking at that spit can!

 
At May 11, 2008 at 4:27 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

My father's grandmother, Granny, dipped snuff. She died when I was 6, but I very well remember her wanting to hug me and how repugnant I found the smell of snuff on her breath. She always had a little brown line down each of the creases from her mouth to her chin. I never have understood how anyone could stand the stuff!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home