Sunday, July 6, 2008

Oops!

FORD



Not long after I got married, back in 1943, my uncle and aunt, who had never met my husband, came over to my Mother's house to visit with us one Sunday afternoon. It was very hot and we all decided that it would be nice to go get a cold watermelon and have a refreshing snack.

My uncle and my husband decided that they would go get the melon. When they got back they were getting out of the car and my husband was going to get the melon out since it was on his side in the back seat.


He got out the melon and was walking toward the door to go into the house. His hand slipped and the watermelon fell out of his hands and splattered right there on the grass. It broke into many pieces. He was so embarrassed.


However, we managed to rinse off the pieces to get the grass clippings off and we salvaged most of the melon. So all was not lost. My husband was really feeling low about the whole thing but my aunt and uncle had a good laugh about it and said no harm was done because we ate the whole thing anyway. He had managed, at least, to break the ICE--or watermelon-- with my aunt and uncle!

1 Comments:

At July 6, 2008 at 7:43 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey - you posted a picture! I like it!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home