Thursday, July 31, 2008

I am Klutzy

I didn't fall but this picture pretty much shows what happened to my food!

Once years ago , my Sister and her family took me to the Dallas airport to catch a flight home from there to Fort Wayne, Indiana. We decided that we would eat a lunch before I caught my flight. We chose a cafeteria in a nearby mall.


We were all in the line for our food and I was near the end. After I got to the end of the rail and was preparing to pay for my food, I was looking away from the rail to see where the rest of our group had settled for a table. I was not paying much attention to my tray and suddenly, the whole tray fell off the rail and spilled all of my food on to the floor. I was shocked. The cafeteria that I was used to had a rail which allowed your tray to sort of fit down into it and you had to pick it up to get it off the rail. This rail did not have that feature. The tray just sat on the rail and nothing held it in place. So that is my excuse for what happened!


Anyway, the cafeteria people were very nice and they filled another tray with all of the foods I had chosen and brought it to me at our table. But my meal was ruined --I was pretty upset and really didn't enjoy my food as I normally do.


When I arrived home and my husband picked me up, he laughed and said,"I hear you spilled your tray in Dallas." I was surprised and said, "How did you hear that?" As it turned out my Sister had called our home and told him about my accident right after I flew out of Dallas.


Since that time I am always very cautious about my tray when I eat at a cafeteria. It was a sobering experience.

1 Comments:

At July 31, 2008 at 2:06 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are not alone -- I've done so many klutzy things in my life, it would take a book to list them all!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home