Saturday, August 16, 2008

My New Computer

My Canon all in one printer, a Canon MP 210


I just bought a new computer--a Dell. I have no complaints about the computer but it came with just a plain printer and I wanted an all in one printer, which allows me to copy, print, and scan things all on the one device.

Best Buy, which is where I bought the computer, allowed me to substitute a Canon all in one printer for the original printer that came with the computer for the difference in price, which was $20.

I fooled around with the printer for a couple of days and found out that it doesn't print a good picture at all. It is very dim and faded looking. My grandson found that if I go into Microsoft works and print the pictures from there I can get a fair picture. Why should I have to go to Microsoft works to get a good picture?


All that being said I got the message that my color ink cartridge was low on ink. I had printed very few pictures and had the computer for only a couple of days and the ink cartridge was low! Canon must use a cartridge that has a very small amount of ink in it for their new printers. I think they should put a full regular cartridge in their new printers, don't you?


So I spent over $750 for a computer then had to buy a new ink cartridge and spend $16 more for the ink within a few days! Somebody is getting rich!

I will think twice before I buy a canon product again. I will look for an alternate brand of ink to use in it from now on.

You might say why didn't I return the printer to Best Buy. Well you know what that would entail after I had it already hooked up. I had help with the original hookup but if I had returned it and got another I would not have that help. So I am sort of stuck with the Canon Printer. Take notice, CANON people!

3 Comments:

At August 16, 2008 at 1:16 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really don't think Cannon is the only one who does that. I think if you check it out you will find that any brand printer you buy will not have a regular size ink cartridge in it.

 
At August 16, 2008 at 1:20 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry Canon! I just mispelled your name! Maybe that is kind of a pay back to them for the small ink cartridge!

 
At August 17, 2008 at 7:50 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I heard that Kodak makes a printer that is more expensive to begin with, but the ink cartridges are considerably cheaper than with other brands. So in the long run, you save money by buying the more expensive printer. I already had a fairly new HP printer (which I like) when these came out, so I haven't bought one and probably won't until my HP either goes out or I upgrade my computer.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home