Monday, August 18, 2008

Mama's Gray Dog




Back years ago, probably about 75, my Mother bought this gray dog. It caught her fancy and she had to have it.


It sat for years and years on a table, shelf or wherever it seemed to fit in whatever house we were living in.




When my daughter was about five or so she was admiring it one day and my Mother said, "Since you like it so much I will give it to you." So since that time my daughter has claimed ownership of that gray dog.




However, my daughter is now 57 and lives in Boise, Idaho and the gray dog is still sitting on a table in my living room. She still claims the dog but she said she will leave it here until I die. So the gray pooch is still in my possession! It is in perfect condition with no chips, cracks or faded spots at all. It is about 7 inches long and 6 inches tall and made of china. It is really cute!




It is a constant reminder of my Mother and her love of that gray dog and the love she had for her grand daughter since she was willing to give up something she liked so well to her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home