Saturday, September 20, 2008

Expensive Peanuts



We used to go sometimes to shop at the Sears Store and somehow always ended up near the candy and nut counter. They had a large, beautiful display counter with a bin for each kind of candy and nuts. We usually bought the Spanish peanuts because they were delicious and they were the cheapest! They were also warm and smelled Heavenly.



Once when we were trying to decide what to buy I got the urge for the more expensive kind of peanuts, the cocktail peanuts. They were larger and also didn't have skins on them as the Spanish peanuts did. I had to talk the rest into the other kind. My husband argued that the Spanish peanuts were cheaper and at that time we were not overloaded with money. But, in the end they conceded to the more expensive peanuts and we bought a pound of them.



We headed for home and some cokes to drink with our peanuts. As we got out of the car I had the peanuts in my hands and I accidentally dropped the bag and spilled all of the nuts onto the sidewalk. I was sick! My husband said, "Now don't you wish we had bought the Spanish peanuts?"


So we just had the drinks without the peanuts for that time. I think the rest of the family was kind of irritated with me!

2 Comments:

At September 21, 2008 at 7:43 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love peanuts -- unfortunately, my stomach doesn't love them anymore, and I've had to give up my favorite candy bar -- Payday!

 
At September 21, 2008 at 12:35 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just bought a six pack of paydays to bring on the trip with me. I like to get them because they don't melt like chocolate bars. I will think of you when I am eating them!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home