Tuesday, September 16, 2008

My cover was blown!

My new drinking glasses

I used to go to many, many garage sales. My house was becoming filled with my can't live without purchases. My husband was getting rather aggravated with me about it. So I began to cut down on what I bought and I began to try to hide what I bought from from him.

I did see a beautiful set of drinking glasses at one sale and I just had to buy them.

When I got home I cleared out a space in my cupboard up high where it was not too obvious and stored my new glasses there. I was confident that by the time he saw them he would not realize they were a new item!

Then my granddaughter was visiting us one day soon after that and she was looking up at the cupboard and she exclaimed, "Grandma, You have some new glasses!" My husband looked up and saw them. He calmly said, "More junk!" My secret was out. I was addicted to buying anything I saw and wanted. I had to cut that out right then!

My husband is gone now but I have cut out my silly purchases all on my own. I just ran out of space!

3 Comments:

At September 17, 2008 at 8:02 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those glasses are eye-catching! Have you ever used them?

 
At September 17, 2008 at 11:08 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you still have that set of glasses? I would buy them from you!! I agree they are eye-catching! I bet you have never had them on a table!

 
At September 17, 2008 at 1:44 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You caught me! My glasses were similar to those but they are not the real ones. I do not have the real ones anymore. Sorry!And, by the way, I didn't ever use them much, Just admirerd them from afar!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home