Wednesday, September 17, 2008

He spilled the beans--er, the Macaroni!


Amy and Brett

We used to take Brett and Amy, our grandchildren with us when we went camping. They loved camping. They were probably about 8 and 5 years old, or near that.

They also loved the eating that we did while we camped. Once we cooked a great big pot of macaroni. Our friend's children liked macaroni as well as Brett and Amy. We just cooked the macaroni and added lots of butter and salt to it. We had taken it off the campfire and set it in the middle of our table. As we were getting ready to eat and everyone was getting seated at the table Brett accidentally hooked his foot on a table leg and almost upset it. The pot of macaroni tumbled off onto the ground and spilled. I grabbed for the pan but was unable to catch it before it emptied. So that was that for the macaroni!

Brett felt terrible, and so did I for him. I did not say one word to him in a reprimanding way, because he felt badly enough as it was.

Often now when I have macaroni I remember the day that Brett spilled the beans--er, macaroni, and wish I could relive those days again! Brett is now 35 years old!

3 Comments:

At September 18, 2008 at 8:03 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great grandmother! We were always so afraid of spilling something, that we usually did, because Daddy always chewed us out as if we had done it on purpose.

 
At September 18, 2008 at 12:28 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You knew exactly how he felt! You spilled the beans--er, the tray one time!

 
At September 18, 2008 at 12:33 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

How well I remember! I felt like a total fool. I would never yell at a kid for something like that.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home