Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Before and After School

Playing before school


When I was a kid in grade school we could arrive at school at any time we wanted. The kids of today have a small window of time when they can be on the school grounds--maybe 15 minutes. And as far as I remember we could play on the school grounds after school any time we wanted to.


When I arrived at school in the old days we could play on the grounds, on the swing set, ball diamond or anywhere else we wanted until the bell rang for classes. We could even go into the basement and play games or just read or whatever until the bell rang for classes. Of course no one usually got there too early but there were always teachers, the janitor or the Principal that were there and there was never a problem.


Nowadays teachers don't want to be baby sitters so they do not allow kids to be there but for a very few minutes before time for school to begin.


In a way I don't blame them because kids are not like they used to be. Kids did not get into the problems then that they do these days. We respected authority and didn't tear up things then as kids of today do. I think kids of today are the way they are because of improper upbringing. Parents don't teach their children to value other people's, or even their own property.


Of course there were some kids who were not respectful back then but they were a small minority and not enough to cause the problems children cause today.


Even when my children were small they didn't have the problems they do now. I am glad that I don't have any children in school at this time. But I do have grandchildren, and even great grandchildren, in school. I hope they are respectful and don't cause problems!

1 Comments:

At October 30, 2008 at 7:54 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with you completely. I was just having a conversation yesterday with some friends about how disrespectful most children seem to be today. We decided it's because a lot of their parents are disrespectful, too!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home