Monday, October 27, 2008

A Picture painted by My Aunt Georgia

This picture was painted by my Dad's Aunt Georgia.

Aunt Georgia was my grandmother's sister. She lived in Oklahoma most of the time when I was a child. She, of course, is deceased now. She painted many pictures in her lifetime. I don't think she was famous for any of her paintings but I like the one I have now.
Aunt Georgia gave my Dad and Mom this picture and several others years ago when I was still a child. My Dad bought frames and framed the pictures. I can remember him painting the frames, because they were old ones that he got somewhere, either free, or very cheap because we didn't have a lot of money then. He bought gold paint and painted them on the dining room table. I remember that I was right up there in his face while he painted and I accidentally knocked the can of paint over and spilled a lot of it. He was really disgusted with me. He ended up having enough to get his painting done anyway. So I was not yelled at too much.
The other paintings were given to my other two sisters. They still have theirs as far as I know. I can't remember ever painting the frame again so the gold paint on my picture's frame is the coat that my Dad painted on it many years ago.

1 Comments:

At October 28, 2008 at 8:16 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have one of Aunt Georgia's paintings. It hangs in my living room over the fireplace. I wish I could remember the original frame -- I had it reframed years ago. Evidently, the frame it was in was not in good shape. But it does have a gold frame on it now, so maybe the new frame is reminiscent of the old one.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home