Monday, October 27, 2008

COLONOSCOPY. I hate them!


I am having a colonoscopy tomorrow, so today I am prepping for it. Prepping includes going all day without eating any solid food and drinking a gallon of horrible tasting stuff--a whole gallon! I have to start drinking the gallon of prep fluid about 5:00 PM. I have to drink 8 ounces every ten minutes until I get the whole gallon finished. Then after that I can not eat or drink anything at all until I get the procedure done, which is tomorrow at 2:00 PM.

I am allowed to drink coffee, tea, broth and eat jello but nothing else. I don't mind going without eating and I don't mine the procedure since I have had it done before and it isn't really that bad, but I hate the prepping for it!

I have no choice about getting the colonoscopy because I have had two bouts with colon cancer and this is just something I have to do once a year.

To add insult to injury, the gallon of prep fluid has always cost me about $15.00. This time, it was $44.00. I wouldn't mind paying for something that is enjoyable but to pay $44.00 for something so terrible tasting and unpleasant is like pouring salt into a wound.

So, I will be starving the rest of today and until after the procedure tomorrow and I hope I get a good report from the doctor. Then I guess I can say it is all worth it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home