Sunday, December 21, 2008

Christmas Trees



Every year we used to have a big family controversy over the Christmas tree. I wanted to have a smaller tree that would not be so big to decorate. But the rest of the family wanted this huge tree about six feet tall and took forever to decorate.






Needless to say, I usually lost out. I have to admit that I have never liked decorating a Christmas tree. I love it once it is up and finished but before that I would just like to leave and come back when it is done!






The rest of the family usually put most of the ornaments on the tree but I had to put on the lights and get it fastened in the stand. I also would have liked to leave and come back after the tree was taken down and everything put away!






I think now that I might welcome putting a tree up with my family. It has been so long since I did that. I kind of miss doing it even though it seemed unpleasant at that time.






After the kids left home we finally stooped so low as to get an artificial tree. It was a nice one and did away with the hunt for a perfect tree that suited all the family. It is still in my attic but is never used any more.









These years since I am all alone, I just put my little fiber optic tree on a little stand and drag my Ficus tree into the family room and plug its lights in--I leave them on it all the time. That completes my Christmas decorating! And I sit and reminise about the Christmases of the past.






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home