Thursday, March 12, 2009

Hair Nets



















My Mother always wore a hair net on her hair for as long as I can remember. She said her hair was unruly and a hair net kept it tamed down.


The hair nets she used were the kind that were sort of invisible. They were made of very fine hair and if they were put on the correct way they really were invisible.


I used to do my Mother's hair a lot when I visited her and I would fix her hair in very nice way and make it look pretty. But within a few hours she wanted to put the net on it-- she said to keep it in place. So my beautiful hairdo would be flattened down under the net! I just let her be because it is hard to teach an old dog (sorry Mama!) new tricks!

1 Comments:

At March 13, 2009 at 11:42 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can just picture Grandma stretching that hairnet on her hands and pulling it over her hair.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home