Wednesday, March 11, 2009

My Hero


















LeRoy Ford 1945

Above is a picture of LeRoy Ford, my hero! This picture was made in about 1945 in Germany. The plaque is of all of the medals and ribbons with which he was awarded while in the service during WWII.


The symbol in the top middle of the plaque is of the army division he was a part of. It is the Ozark division with the O, the Z surrounded by the Arc. The other medals are for the different areas of Europe he served in, some are for shooting contests and his dog tags are there.

The flag is the one I was given at his funeral services. I am very proud of his mementos from the Army. He served in the army from April 1942 until January 1946. Now he is serving in God's Army!

1 Comments:

At March 11, 2009 at 4:40 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great picture of Ford. The display is beautiful...I know how proud you must be to have it. nh

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home