Saturday, March 14, 2009

My Stolen Lunch Kit



Since I am on lunch boxes I will go ahead with this story also.


Actually, my lunch kit was not stolen! I bought it at Sears in about 1975. I was going to classes at Indiana University and I had to have a lunch some of the time. So I bought the kit to "brown bag" it and save a little money.


One day I was sitting in the lunch room eating my lunch and I noticed a girl across from me who kept staring at me. Finally, she came over to my table and asked me point blank, where did I get my lunch kit. I was kind of shocked and I told her that I had bought it at Sears. She said, "Well, I had one exactly like it and it was stolen." I told her that I was sorry but that I had bought mine at Sears and I did not steal hers. She said, "Well, I just thought I would ask." You would think she could have been a little less blunt about asking!

I wonder if she thought even if I did steal it that I would tell her that? I was really offended about her asking me that. I finished eating my lunch, although the situation sort of ruined my day.


I still have my lunch kit in the closet but it is never used now. I would probably feel like I had to cover it with a paper sack if I used it.

3 Comments:

At March 14, 2009 at 12:48 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is that an actual picture of your lunch kit?

 
At March 14, 2009 at 1:09 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why do you ask?

 
At March 16, 2009 at 7:02 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Curious

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home