Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Salmon Patties

Kroger Salmon



You see a can of Kroger Salmon in the picture above. I love salmon patties. Some people also make salmon salad. It is OK but I prefer my salmon in fried patties--probably the worst way to eat it! I think most salmon comes from Alaska. At least this can of Kroger salmon came from there.
When I was a kid still at home my mother always pronounced salmon with the L sound. So I did too. Now that I am more sophisticated I realize that it is pronounced without the L sound.


The one complaint I have about salmon is that by the time I separate out all of the bones, black skin and other bits that don't look good to me, there is not much meat left. I do not like to cook the bones or black skin in the patties. I have read that you should leave the bones in because they are good for you. I just don't like to eat them. I also don't want to eat the black skin that is on much of the salmon.

I have never bought any salmon that doesn't have all that extra crap in it. Of course, I don't buy the most expensive brands either. Maybe they might not have all of the extras included if I bought the most expensive brand.

So, I guess I will just continue to remove the added junk and stick with my Kroger brand. But I will keep eating salmon patties because I like them and I think they are good for me.

1 Comments:

At May 6, 2009 at 8:28 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Salmon patties are one of my favorite foods, too!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home