Sunday, May 3, 2009

The Oakridge Boys














The Oakridge Boys are coming to Fort Wayne May 6th. I am surprised they are still traveling. I would love to go see them but the prices they charge for concerts are out of my range.

I have always liked the Oaks--especially their song, Elvira.


They must be slowing down some because I have not seen them on TV for a long time. Along with the other variety shows, they have been affected also.


The one picture has a different singer with them who I am not familiar with. The other picture has the four most popular members; Duane Allen, Joe Bonsall, William Lee Golden and Richard Sterban. Duane Allen is from Paris, Texas. Of course he is younger than I am so I was not around Paris when he became famous.
Anyway, May 6th, I will be thinking of the Oaks and wishing I could afford to go see them!

2 Comments:

At May 4, 2009 at 7:19 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I was a little girl and joined the church, Duane Allen joined the same day I did. Our picture was made together for the church newsletter. Several years ago, I mailed it to him and asked him to sign it, and he did.

 
At May 4, 2009 at 12:01 PM , Anonymous kyra lafain said...

Wow! I did not know that. Vaguely it does seem I remember something about you and he joining the church at the same time. I hope he has kept his faith.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home