Friday, July 10, 2009

My unaccomplishments

















I have always wanted to go to Hawaii but as yet I never have--not only have I never been there but I will probably never go there!


Back in the sixties we had friends that were going on a cruise to Hawaii and they begged us to go also. There were two couples, friends of ours, that were going. But we thought we didn't have the money and really we didn't. We could have got the money some way to go but we had the kids then and we decided that it was an unwise thing to at that time.


Now that I look back I regret that we didn't go. The other couples had a ball and I am sure we would have too.


Anyway, the opportunity never came up again so I have to say I have never been to Hawaii.


I envy Nancy and Lannie of their trip there and they will never have to say they didn't see Hawaii. We have been all over the US but never out of the country except for Canada and Mexico.


I did make a trip to England back in the early seventies but not with Ford. I went with a church choir and it was not the same as a family trip.


So, Nancy and Lannie, treasure and enjoy your trips now because you will not have to end up like me, saying you wish you had gone but didn't!

2 Comments:

At July 10, 2009 at 5:46 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maui was incredible! It was so great that Sara chose to go back for her graduation present from Debbie and Gene. It's never too late...you should go.

I don't want my kids to look back with regrets, so I'm glad we're getting some traveling in now. Paul is coming to visit next month and he's taking Sara back to France with him for a month. It will be the first use of her passport! Then the whole family is going to France next April...I can't wait!!! nh

 
At July 12, 2009 at 4:44 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just mentioned to Nancy the other day that going to all 50 states is on my "bucket list." We'll make Hawaii this fall, and I would love to do an Alaskan cruise next year. We've been to Italy, Israel, Mexico, and the Bahamas. Maybe one day Sara can be our tour guide to France!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home