Wednesday, October 28, 2009

South Paws



Gerald Ford and Barack Obama, two of our left handed presidents.













Have you noticed that Obama is left handed? Not only is he left handed but eight of our presidents since Garfield have been left handed. Since Richard Nixon there have only been two right handed presidents.


That is really more than just coincidence. I can't explain it and apparently no one else can.


I have in my own family a strange thing. My daughter, Carla, has been married two times. Both of her husbands have been left handed. And my other daughter's husband is also left handed. Its as if my kids have a thing for left handed men!


No one in my immediate family is left handed. None of the grand children are left handed. I have been exposed to a lot of the problems that left handed people run into. They have problems with all of the things that right handed people never give a second thought. The world is set up for right handers and left handers just have to deal with it in whatever way they can.


It used to be in ancient times people assumed that left handed people were not right--they had something wrong with them. But later it was assumed that left handers were smarter than other people. Many famous people were lefties; Albert Einstein, Isaac Newton, Leonardo da Vinci and Michelangelo were all left handed. Can you sort that out?


Sadly, or not, I am right handed but I am not any smarter, nor any dumber than most other people! Have you noticed?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home