Thursday, November 5, 2009

Mama and Our Dog

Me and Mama and our dog


I do not remember this dog of ours. But I am sure that I loved it. I never met a dog I didn't like--as Will Rogers used to say about men.

Doesn't My Mother look young there? Actually, she was young. Probably about 32 or 33.

I have had several dogs throughout my life. But none of them for very long until I was married and got Mickey and Buddy. I had them for quite a few years. Mickey lived for about 16 or 17 years and Buddy lived for about 10 years. As I have said before, Mick was our psychotic dog and Buddy was our angel dog. Buddy deserved to live longer than he did. He had arthritis in his spine and it just did him in. Mick probably just died from old age. He just quit eating and drinking water. I loved him even though he was a problem dog. He was born that way and couldn't help how he was! Just as some people are born the way they are and can't help themselves. We do judge them but God made them the way they are.

I often wonder if dogs will be in heaven. I hope so because I will have some Friends waiting for me when I get there! (Maybe not Mick!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home