Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Paris Celebrities



Tanya Tucker




The Oak Ridge Boys
(Duane Allen is 3rd from the left).











Gene Watson

The three celebrities above were not born in Paris but they did have connections with Paris.


Gene Watson was born in Palestine, Texas but was raised in Paris. He is one of my favorite country singers. Someone once asked Country singing legend Ray Price to name his favorite singer. Ray paused a minute and then said, "I have too many to name but Gene Watson would be right at the top."


Duane Allen, lead singer of the Oak Ridge Boys, also was not born in Paris but he lived many of his younger days there. He attended church there with my niece in his youth.


Shirley Cothran, Miss America 1975 was born in Paris and her mother lived near my family when I was a child. So she is also a Paris native.


Tanya Tucker, born in Seminole, Texas had a connection with Paris. One of her relatives -- an aunt, I think--worked with my sister at Sears in Paris. The relative certainly kept everyone updated about Tanya almost to their annoyance.


Gene Watson is my favorite country singer. I have most of his songs on CDs and I listen to them quite often. I also like Tanya Tucker's San Antonio Stroll and The Oak Ridge Boys' Elvira. So
Paris is quite gifted with famous people!
And, of course, I am from Paris, the most celebrated of them all! I do not live there now but I visit there every summer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home