Friday, December 11, 2009

The Baby Doll

The Baby Doll Gift

Many years ago when I was just very small, we had a family in either our church or our neighborhood--not sure which--who was having a very hard time. I don't remember if the father had died or was just out of work but several friends got together and were getting a big basket of items together for the family.

They had a small child, probably about my age, so my mother bought the cutest little baby doll for her. In my memory it looked very much like the doll in the picture above. I wanted that doll so badly for myself. But my mother told me it was for the little girl in that unfortunate family and I must let her have it. So I braced myself and gave up the idea of having it for myself.

I remember how I wished I could be the owner of that doll. But I then felt that I was being good by sacrificing it for some one who had run on bad luck.

I never owned the doll but I have had memories of it for all of these years since then. I hope the little girl loved it when she received it because I fell in love with it even though I never owned it!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home