Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Food Network

At least this person is using a scraper







I have stooped so low in my television watching that I now watch the Food Network a lot, also some other cooking shows. When I can't find anything else to watch I turn to the Food Network.






However, I get so frustrated with the chefs, or cooks, on the shows that I almost can't bear to watch them.


It pains me greatly to watch the chefs when they pour something out of a dish or pan into another mixing bowl because they do not use scrapers--or at least they do not use them very efficiently. I just want to grab that pan or bowl and scrape out the large amount of batter or whatever that they leave in it.


At least one or two servings are left in the containers and pitched into the sink to wash. I know that they have to hurry and can't spend a lot of time scraping but they could at least try to get a little more out of the pan or bowl.


I have two or three different sized scrapers and I use them to the fullest! Poor kids would not want my bowls to lick because I never leave anything in them. I remember when I was a kid asking my mother to leave a little bit of batter in the pan or bowl for me to lick--and she usually did.



Not only is not using a scraper a waste of money but it makes such dirty dishwater.



Some of the chefs are not quite as wasteful as others but they all leave a lot of batter and other things in their mixing bowls. Their supplies are furnished by the network and they don't have to pay for them. I could probably feed one or two more people with what they pour down the sink!


Sometimes, I just get so aggravated with them I just turn to another channel. I am sure they cry all the way to the bank about it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home