Friday, June 18, 2010

Horseback Riding





Above are pictures that I am using to illustrate my story. The one on the right is of my Dad when he was just a kid. The one on the left is just a girl, that I do not know. Unfortunately, I have no pictures of myself horseback riding. That was a long time ago--before cameras were so handy!
I had a coworker who was close to may age and we decided that we wanted to go horseback riding. We knew of a stable where we could rent horses by the hour to ride. So we went and started our rides. We went about once a week for some time.
It was a lot of fun but for the first few times I was really sore on my pelvic bones and rear end bones.
We rode on a trail that was probably about a mile or so in length. I can't remember what it cost per hour but I am sure it was not too expensive or I would not have done it! After some time we either lost the thrill of riding or had some other reason for dropping it. That has been close to sixty years ago and I have never been on a horse since then!
Wouldn't it be nice if I could go horseback riding with my Dad? But that will never be unless they have horses in Heaven!

1 Comments:

At June 20, 2010 at 6:28 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

There are horses in heaven! When Jesus comes back, he's coming on a horse. Revelation 19:11-15.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home