Sunday, June 13, 2010

Cloud Pictures

Ceiling wallpaper





Have you ever laid outside in the summer on a blanket--or even just on the grass--and looked for pictures in the clouds?
That was one of my favorite pass times. What you found was limited only by your imagination.
Not only could I find pictures in the clouds but I could also look for them on the ceiling in my bedroom. Most often people had wallpaper on their walls and the ceiling was usually covered with a light colored tan or beige paper with little swirls in it. And, most often people had leaks in their roofs which allowed water to come in and stain the wallpaper. The stains would appear in swirls and splotches which resembled puffy clouds. I remember many times finding a spot which looked like whatever I imagined it to be. The only difference between the wallpaper and the clouds was that the wallpaper stayed the same--at least until another rain came and added swirls and splotches--but the clouds changed minute by minute. So your cloud pictures were only there for a few seconds before they changed to something else. Also, the cloud pictures were different every time you watched while the ceiling pictures were the same every time you looked until another rainy day changed them.
Fortunately--or maybe unfortunately--my house does not have wallpaper on the ceilings, nor do I have any leaks in my roof, so I cannot look for any pictures on my ceiling. I could go out and lie on a blanket in the yard and look for pictures but then I might have neighbors calling the paramedics out! So I guess I will just have to remember the cloud pictures from my olden times.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home